Thursday, February 22, 2007

yeah, right.

As for yesterday's goal of accentuating the positive...
I started feeling the dis-ease of a gallbladder attack as I was cooking. Needless to say I was a cranky bitch for much of the night. I had to run out for supplies for a class I'm teaching today and had a full-on attack in the check-out line at Target. Somehow I managed to make it home and laid around moaning for hours until I finally threw up around 12:30 last night. Although the pain shut off at that point I continued to feel nauseous until I finally fell asleep. My stomach is queasy this morning so I think maybe I'm coming down with a bug. Yippee.
I have got to get over this whatever...avoidance? fear? stoicism? martyr complex? and make an appointment with a gastrointerologist. It's ridiculous to live with the kind of random pain, nausea and total disruption of my life when it can be dealt with relatively quickly and easily. I'm not one to run to the doctor for every little thing but I think I've proved the point that diet and healthy eating habits are not going to solve the problem (Although I have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months just by eating smaller portions. I haven't been down to 150 in at least 7 years-maybe since I was pregnant with Zed 12 years ago!).
I should be thanking heaven that I live in a time and place in which surgery is quick, easy and almost painless.
I have to be at the Meetinghouse to open the doors for the learning cooperative in 45 minutes (we live 4 miles away). I'm tired and don't feel well. I'm not in the mood to be around wild children and chaos. Today I pray for patience.

No comments: