Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chicago, Chicago...

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for work training in Chicago (a Department of Energy project). My plane leaves at 7:15. My best friend, Pookers, will be picking me up at Midway and we'll hang out together. It's so nice that my job takes me to where she lives once or twice a year. I love her and we don't see each other nearly often enough.

Yesterday, the temp was in the low 60s and I got to ride my scooter and let me tell you, it is so much fun to ride in decent weather! I went to the store and bank in the afternoon and then rode to the meetinghouse and home in the evening (after dark!). It was great!!! Fun!!! And funny. People pull up next to me and beep and give me the "thumbs up". Everywhere I go, people ask me about my People. I tell them I get 84 mpg and they say they're gonna look at scooting more closely.

Today is primary voting day. I'm gonna go check the box for Barak Obama.

I'll be in Chicago until Sunday. On Monday, my supplies should arrive and on Tuesday I'll begin working this project. I probably will not have a lot of time to write for the next couple of weeks. I'll check in here when I can.

No comments: