Thursday, June 26, 2008

Odor du jour

More smells:

a bakery (yuuum)

a laundromat (get downy with it)

freshly mown grass
swamp grass
onion grass
hay
alfalfa

Oh yeah...the smell of a marsh or swamp (I'm sure there's a difference in smells between them but I don't know them well enough to know).

Today, I had the disconcerting experience of seeing a mimosa tree, taking a big whiff as I drove past it and inhaling a nosefull of the stench of a rotting corpse (hopefully just roadkill. I didn't see what it was).

Each fast food restaurant has it's own, greasy, smell. Today, I particularly noticed a Long John Silvers and a KFC (which I could smell from a block away, although I may be more sensitized to that one because my first job was at a KFC and I don't think I'll ever be over it).

When I was a young teen, I used to love to walk around my neighborhood on summer evenings smelling the different smells from each house: Something cooking at one, laundry in a dryer at another, the smell of toothpaste at the house with 4 young children...

No comments: