Sunday, July 22, 2007

Waxing

Spirit is so good.

I have some friends who are going through a very hard time dealing with divorce, elder care and lots of hurt and fear. I have been giving support to 3 out of 4 members of this family but have been increasingly aware of the needs of the 4th member. Yesterday, I prayed that God would guide me to doing the right thing for this old friend who is hurting so badly. I was given a metaphor that I think this friend might be ready to hear and I prayed for God's guidance as to whether I am ready to share this message; whether this message about my friend or about me helping my friend.

I've never been a patient woman. When I see a need for action, I act. I'm not comfortable sitting around waiting. If I don't act now, I find that I will never act (the road to hell being paved with good intentions). My intuition has always guided me true and I trust where it is leading me.

But, in this situation, I need to feel God directing me from without rather than through my intuition. I need to know that God is guiding my words rather than my own self: my ego. So, yesterday I prayed for guidance. And I hadn't felt any by this morning. Geez. This friend of mine is in crisis and I have to words to help him and now Spirit is silent on the matter. Have I mentioned that I am no good at waiting?

Just before sitting down to begin writing about this, I was eating my breakfast and scanned "quakerquaker" for new posts and was directed to Mark Wutka's blog, "The Ear of the Soul." Just the message I needed to hear. I will wait as long as I feel that waiting is what God wants me to do. And I will be content and very glad that God does speak to us in sometimes very unexpected ways.

Amen.

No comments: