Friday, May 11, 2007

Awareness

Today will be my 4th day going out in the field. I've gotten 3 interviews, which is good. I did 2 yesterday, one in person at the respondent's business and the other last night, on the phone. I have one scheduled for next week. I had one firm rejection yesterday but I didn't get stressed over it; the man was cranky and rude but it's his right to be...he's not there to make my life easier.

Living in God is so hard for me. The problem is to let go of all these years and layers of habit and learned response to know and feel what is really real. I know God is the foundation under all my life but often it is so difficult to be aware in the minutia of day-to-day life. Can I see God when my children are bickering or when I'm stopping to get gas or cleaning up messes? Yes, but remembering to do so is the thing. I do think I'm speaking less from my ego, of late, but it's baby steps. There's certainly no step-by-step guide to enlightenment with a checklist I can tick off as I go. It's more a matter of me becoming aware of God infusing all of my life-all life. I ask God to help me be open to awareness, today. I want my life to be a reflection of God's love and compassion.

No comments: