Friday, April 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

I was going to write today about spiritual mentoring, but I need to set a while longer and let the idea steep. I also loaned out a book that I think I want to refer to and I'll have to borrow the NFM copy.

I'm reading a book Buddha Da by Anne Donovan. It's author is Scottish and it was written in Scottish vernacular, including alliterative spelling, which makes it formidable to read, but also a lot of fun. I'm finding that reading it out loud makes me better able to "go with the flow" of the language. The book is about a happily married father who begins to practice meditation at the Buddhist Center. His life is turned upside-down when he begins following his "inner guide" (although the book does not call it that) and living true to his integrity. I'm enjoying it, although it is creating a certain amount of tension for me because, in some ways, I'm having a similar experience.

We're going to a fire station today. The weather report says a high of 57 and sporadic drizzle. We'll need to leave the house at 12:30 in order to arrive at the station by 2:00. Declan's girlfriend, Patience, will be here at 4:00 so I've got to hurry home afterwards. This will be the first time, since going car-less, that we'll be out in the rain (on Wednesday I drove Hammy to work so we could get to the dentist in the pouring rain). I like rainy days but with the temp, we may get quite clammy. Fortitude!

No comments: