Sunday, April 15, 2007

Today's Practice: Waiting

Today is Meeting for Worship for the Conduct of Business. My membership in NFM will officially be recognized this morning. I will be acting as clerk of, what we on the ad hoc committee are recommending be a standing committee, "Electronic Communications"; presenting our findings and asking for support and guidance.

Hammy and I went out to a Turkish restaurant last night. He asked me a lot about Meeting for Business and my role in it. I tried to explain to him that it's not like a "normal" business meeting. We don't "hash out" ideas because, ideally, we're not attached to a particular outcome. I'm just beginning to understand the power and true joy of waiting for Spirit to guide us to unity. It's really hard for someone who has no experience of Divine leadings to understand. I tried to share with him that, for me, it's an amazing act to suspend my ego and let the will of God flow through me.

Today, I will try to let go of myself so that I am a conduit for God's will. Today, I pray for God to guide me and use me to do God's work. Today, I understand the purpose of Sabbath as a day to suspend the hustle-bustle of daily life and focus on allowing God's work to unfold.

No comments: