Friday, March 23, 2007

All God's Children Got A Place In the Choir

Yeah, yeah, yeah but pinworms?! AND, I might add, mosquitoes, ticks and poison ivy? What part of God's divine plan do these creations hold? What part in my life? Acceptance of that which I cannot control? Acceptance of discomfort?
I'm leading a field trip for 35 people to a CSA (community supported agriculture) biodynamic farm in Kentucky today so Hammy took off work to take one of our sons to our family physician because we discovered last night that son seems to have pinworms. Can I just say "EEEEEWWWWWWW"! Somehow I managed to make it through childhood without any of the yucky things invading my person-no lice, scabies, chiggers. One or another of my sons has had, at one time or another, scabies, impetigo and now pinworms. No lice so far (knock on wood).
I believe there is a lesson in everything if I keep my eyes and heart open. I'm sure I'll learn something about myself from this new class in grossology.

No comments: