Thursday, March 22, 2007

Help me to find my happiness in acceptance of my purpose...

"Help me to find my happiness
in acceptance of my purpose;
in friendly eyes;
in work well done;
in quietness born of trust;
and, most of all,
in the awareness of your presence
in my spirit."

I'm not sure who the author is, maybe St Columba, probably a monk; it's an old Celtic poem that I read last night in In Search of Sacred Places. The poem spoke to me.
Blessing and Gratitude. I give thanks today for my eyes with which I can see the sunrise. I give thanks for my ears with which I hear my son drumming. I give thanks for putting me in a position to be able to purchase organic milk and cereal for my family and take responsibility for working to ensure that all families have access to healthy, whole foods.

No comments: